Gurkha Chitlange Khukuri Khukri Kukrri Kukri Knife 11 inch Sharp Fixed Blade Brass Handle
This Khukuri is made in Chitlang village of central mountain of Nepal . It has a simple but elegant look with sharp and long blade. This Khukuri is light weight but strong and can be used for both for house -hold use and self- defense. The brass handle gives solid grip and makes easy to use.
The khukuri (Nepali khukuri) is a Nepalese traditional knife with an inwardly curved blade, similar to a machete, used as both a tool and as a weapon in Nepal and some neighboring countries of South Asia. Traditionally it was, and in many cases still is, the basic utility knife of the Nepalese people. Khukuri is a pride of Gurkha and symbol of bravery in Nepal. It is a characteristic weapon of the Nepalese Army, the Royal Gurkha Rifles, Assam Rifles, Assam Regiment of Indian Army and of all Gurkha regiments throughout the world, so much so that some English-speakers refer to the weapon as a "Gurkha blade" or "Gurkha knife". The kukri often appears in Nepalese heraldry and is used in many traditional rituals such as wedding ceremonies. Bhojpur is in the Eastern Hilly District of Nepal; famous for Khukuri making. This small hilly district is home to most blacksmiths who have been engaged Khukuri making since time immemorial. The Khukuri can be an useful working tool as well as excellent gift for decoration.
Length of Khukuri*
Length of Blade
Length of Handle
Weight of Blade
Quality of Blade:
Handmade, high tempered carbon steel
Handle Made by
*As Khukuris are hand crafted they may have slight variations in measurements. Along with a Khukuri knife, a cover, two smaller knives (Karda and Chakmak) are also included.
Origin: Hand made in Eastern Mountain District of Nepal, Bhojpur and Dharan
Shipping and Delivery:We will ship within 24 hours from the receipt of payment and advise tracking number. We use international expedited shipping.
Delivery: USA, UK: 3 ~ 5 Working DaysAUS/ CANADA/ / EU: 4 ~ 7 working days Rest : 6 ~9 working days
HANDLING AND CARE OF KHUKURIHOW TO UNSHEATHE YOUR KHUKURI?
· Do not encircle the scabbard with your finger while taking out your Khukuri. This may cause injury.
· When you want take out kukri from its scabbard, always make sharp side of blade opposite to your body.
· If the blade is stuck in the scabbard, don't try to take out with force, move blade up and down couple of times and try to pull it slowly out.
· Some kukris are more curve than others; you need to be careful to take out the blade from the scabbard. The simple and safe way to take out blade from the scabbard is to follow with hand position how curve is the scabbard of it.
HOW TO MAINTAIN YOUR KHUKURI?
· Please apply machine / gun oil, on the blade at least once a month or every time after use. As Kukris are made of carbon steel, make sure not to leave any fingerprint on the blade. The fingerprint may develop rust on the blade. In case rust develops, rub it off with fine sandpaper, clean the dirt using petroleum oil, wipe it off with a clean cloth and apply lubricating oil.
· Use shoe Polish for the leather case, Brasso for the brass fittings and Silvo for silver cases.
· Both sides of the blunt Chakmak can sharpen the blade. However, a sharpening stone is recommended.
· Please do not to expose Khukuri Scabbard to the sun for a long time, as heating may cause shrinking of Scabbard and could make the blade difficult to insert inside.
· Protect the cutting blade from metal, stone and other hard items.
· Make your blade always dry after use and apply some lubricants on the blade to protect it from the rust.
IMPORT REGULATIONS: We request you to check import regulation and custom duties before ordering the item. Import duties, taxes and other charges ( if any) at destination countries are of buyer ’s responsibility and hence we shall not take any responsibilities on these .
We take your privacy seriously and will take all measures to protect your personal information. Any personal information received will only be used to fill your order. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone.
If you are not 100%% satisfied with your purchase, you can either return your order for a full refund or exchange it for something else. You can return or exchange your purchase for up to 14 days from the purchase date. Returned or exchanged products must be in the condition you received them and in the original box and/or packaging.
We ship primarily from our main office, Kathmandu, Nepal but also ship from our USA office depending upon the orders. We ship only to selected countries worldwide. We do not ship to Africa, Latin and South America, Russia and CIS Countries.
We ship to PayPal verified addresses only
We will ship within 24 hours from the receipt of payment. We will ship through International Courier and advise a tracking number. We request to give us your
Australia/Canada: 4 ~ 7 Working DaysUK/USA: 3- 5 Working daysEU and Rest : 4 ~ 8 working days
Import Duties, Tax:
For international shipment , Import duties, taxes and other charges ( if any) at destination countries are of buyer ’s responsibility .