Gurkha Bhojpure Panawal Rust Free Khukuri Khukri Kukkri Kukri Knife 10.5 inch Wood Handle
This Kukri is called Bhojpure Khukuri as it originally comes from Bhojpur; eastern hilly district of Nepal that is very famous for Khukuri making. This Khukuri is unpolished and has Rust Free Blade, that does not need to clean frequently as the blade has black shine with balance temper. This Kukri is heavier than the standard blade Khukuri and used by farmers in the field and also in general household use.
The Khukuri is a traditional knife from Nepal. It is used as a tool and as a weapon in Nepal and some neighboring countries of South Asia. Traditionally it was, and in many cases still is, the basic utility knife of the Nepalese people. Khukuri is the pride of the Gurkhas and a symbol of bravery in Nepal. It is also the weapon of the Nepalese Army, the Royal Gurkha Rifles, the Assam Rifles, the Assam Regiment of Indian Army and of all Gurkha regiments throughout the world. so much so that Some English-speakers refer to the weapon Khukuri as a the “Gurkha blade" or the "Gurkha knife" or Kukri. The Kukhuri often appears in Nepalese heraldry and is used in many traditional rituals as well as in wedding ceremonies. The home of the Kukhuri is the small hilly district of Bhojpur located in Eastern Nepal. The district is the home of a large number of blacksmith who have been making the Kukhuris from immemorial times.
Blade Made Material: Made of Highly Graded Carbon Steel and polished
Steel Catagory: A grade leaf spring steel (from car or jeep 5160)
Hardness of Steel: Spine 22 & 25 Rc, Midpoint of the belly 45 & 46 Rc, and the edge 54 & 55 Rc.
Handle Made Of: Rose Wood
Scabbard made Of: Water Buffalo Hide/Leather (Outside) and Pine wood (Inside)
Made by: Fix Blade with Handmade
Weight of Khukuri: 750-800 gm
Weight with scabbard: 900-950 Grams
Handle Length: 5 inch
Blade Length: 10.5 Inch
Total Length: 15.5 Inch
*As Khukuris are handmade they may have slight variations in measurements. The Khukuri comes with in a leather case and with two smaller knives: the Karda and the Chakmak
The Karda is used as an auxiliary knife and The Chakmak is used for sharpening the blade of the Kukhuri.
The Khukuri can be a useful working tool as well as an excellent present for decoration.
Shipping:We will ship within 24 hours from the receipt of payment and advise tracking number. We use international expedited shipping.
Delivery: USA, UK: 3 ~ 5 Working DaysAUS/ CANADA/ / EU: 4 ~ 7 working days Rest : 6 ~9 working days
HANDLING AND CARE OF KHUKURI
HOW TO REMOVE YOUR KHUKURI FROM SCABBARD
Do not encircle the scabbard with your finger while taking out your Khukuri. This may cause injury.
· When you take out the Kukri from its case or scabbard, always make sure that the sharp side of the blade is opposite to your body.
· If the blade is stuck in the case or scabbard, do not try to take it out with force, Move the blade up and down a couple of times and try to pull it slowly out.
HOW TO MAINTAIN YOUR KHUKURI?
· Please apply machine / gun oil, on the blade at least once a month or every time after use. As Kukhuris are made of carbon steel, make sure not to leave any fingerprint on the blade. The fingerprints may contribute to the blade to rust. In case rust develops, rub it off with fine sandpaper, clean the dirt using petroleum oil, wipe it off with a clean cloth and apply lubricating oil.
· Both sides of the Chakmak can BE USED TO sharpen the blade OF THE KHUKURI. However, a sharpening stone is recommended.
· Please do not to expose the Case of Scabbard to the sun for a long time, as heating may SRINK THE CASE OR SCABABRD and can make the blade difficult to be INSERTED IN THE CASE OR SCABBARD..
Khukuri can be dangerous . There are some ways to use it in order to avoid accident.
· DO NOT HIT THE KUKHURI AGAINST ANY METAL, STONES OR ANY OTHER HARD MATERIALS. Make sure your blade is always dry after use and apply some lubricants on the blade to protect it from rust.
IMPORT REGULATIONS: We request you to check import regulation and custom duties before ordering the item. Import duties, taxes and other charges ( if any) at destination countries are of buyer ’s responsibility and hence we shall not take any responsibilities on these
We take your privacy seriously and will take all measures to protect your personal information. Any personal information received will only be used to fill your order. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone.
If you are not 100%% satisfied with your purchase, you can either return your order for a full refund or exchange it for something else. You can return or exchange your purchase for up to 14 days from the purchase date. Returned or exchanged products must be in the condition you received them and in the original box and/or packaging.
We ship primarily from our main office, Kathmandu, Nepal but also ship from our USA office depending upon the orders. We ship only to selected countries worldwide. We do not ship to Africa, Latin and South America, Russia and CIS Countries.
We ship to PayPal verified addresses only
We will ship within 24 hours from the receipt of payment. We will ship through International Courier and advise a tracking number. We request to give us your
Australia/Canada: 4 ~ 7 Working DaysUK/USA: 3- 5 Working daysEU and Rest : 4 ~ 8 working days
Import Duties, Tax:
For international shipment , Import duties, taxes and other charges ( if any) at destination countries are of buyer ’s responsibility .